For March 2021, the NOLA Book Club will be reading The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon (published June 9, 2020). We will be having it over Zoom due to COVID and everyone being in various places in the country and the world. Our scheduled date for this discussion is: Wednesday, March 31st at 7:00 pm CST.
Want to join us? https://twitter.com/BookNola
After becoming the star of a viral video, a software engineer swears off dating.
Samiah Brooks is horrified to discover her new boyfriend was cheating on her with not just one, but two other women. After her very public breakup with him goes viral, she’s surprised to find herself developing a close friendship with the other two girlfriends.
About the Author
Farrah Rochon, USA Today Bestselling author of The Boyfriend Project, hails from a small town just west of New Orleans. She has garnered much acclaim for her Holmes Brothers and New York Sabers series. When she is not writing in her favorite coffee shop, Farrah spends most of her time reading, cooking, traveling the world, visiting Walt Disney World, and catching her favorite Broadway shows.
You can learn more at:
Read the first chapter of The Boyfriend Project
Book Club Questions (courtesy of Farrah Rochon):
- Did you find Samiah’s immediate friendship with Taylor and London plausible? Why or why not? How did they continue to support one another throughout the book? Do you see parallels with your own friendships?
- Which of the three girlfriends do you relate most to and why?
- Samiah gives several examples of how difficult it is to be a Black woman in the tech industry. Were you surprised by any of her revelations? How do you feel about her serving as a model for others who come up behind her?
- If you were signing on to your own boyfriend project, what would you devote more time to?
- How has Samiah’s need for organization and order helped her in life? How has it hurt her?
- If you were Samiah, would you have been able to trust Daniel? Would you have forgiven his betrayal?
In the News
Louisiana author strikes it big with ‘The Boyfriend Project‘ (Shreveport Times – August 20, 2020)